Food & Wine — Whole Foods Market Expands Kosher For Passover 2015 / New Selections from Kedem
Whole Foods Market Expands Kosher For Passover 2015 with New Selections from Kedem
First Ever Kosher For Passover Biodynamic Grape;
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, All Natural, Organic and Vegan for Passover
Shoppers on the hunt for new kosher for Passover selections this spring are in for a treat when they shop at their local Whole Foods Market.
Whole Foods will now feature a broad assortment of kosher for Passover items from Kedem, a leading manufacturer and distributor of kosher foods. Consumers who seek all natural, gluten free, and dairy free for their Passover dietary needs can now find a wide selection at Whole Foods, the new destination for Passover food shopping.
“When it comes to Kosher for Passover foods, shoppers will always look for the favorites they grew up with,” said Harold Weiss, Executive Vice President of Kedem Food Products, “but they’re also looking for a new twist on tradition — from whole wheat and gluten-free to vegan and organic options. We’ve worked with Whole Foods Market for years, developing products that meet shoppers’ dietary needs and also meet the company’s standards, including no artificial colorings, preservatives or sweeteners.”
“Who knew of Harrison’s Original Sweet Shoppe, All Natural/Fair Trade Chocolate Chips, Rebecca and Rose Gluten-Free Brownie Crunch or Yehuda Organic Matzo for Passover. None of these products were available until Kedem developed a program to bring them to Whole Foods,” adds Weiss.
Kedem Food Products and Whole Foods Market began innovating together about nine years ago, noted Weiss, when the two companies recognized a real need for more natural and organic kosher choices. When they embarked on this project, they started out with 6 items – just macaroons.
“Our shoppers have always looked to Whole Foods Market for the widest variety and best quality of products available and we knew we had to do more for our kosher shoppers,” said Dwight Richmond, Global Grocery Purchasing Coordinator for Whole Foods Market.
“Kedem helped us deliver. They created new, natural versions of traditional products, like the first commercially available Tilapia Gefilte Fish specifically for our stores, and now we carry items shoppers simply can’t find anywhere else,” adds Richmond
Kedem Food Products is launching a variety of new items for Passover exclusively for Whole Foods’ customers, including the first US-produced Biodynamic Grape Juice certified by Demeter USA, as well as Gluten-free brownie crunch.
Kedem’s line-up of kosher for Passover products will be available at Whole Foods Markets nationwide beginning March 2015, and include:
- Kedem Biodynamic Grape Juice; The first grape juice produced in the USA certified by Demeter USA reaches the highest level of farming and organic standards. (Available January 2015; Exclusive to Whole Foods).
- Rebecca and Rose Bakery Products; A twist on Brownie Brittle and other baked goods, Rebecca and Rose brings a uniquely delicious and gluten-free version of Brownie and Blondie Crunch, Cookies and the first commercially available boxed Passover Donut (chocolate frosted of course).
- Gefen Apple Crisps; Make snack time more convenient with these tree ripened snacks available in two varieties. Look for the Jonathan or Golden Apple snacks.
- Zeta Oil; Already a staple in the Whole Foods Passover program but with the addition of the Hot Pepper, the cooking options multiply. Zeta Olive Oil picks the olives from some of the oldest orchards on earth, including orchards on Mount Carmel, ancient orchards on the Jerusalem Mountains and on the Hills of Galilee.
- Other new items include Gluten-Free Cajun Panko from Chef Jeff Creations, Gefen Cashew Butter, and handmade Shmura Matzo from the Holy Land.
No comments yet.