LAURIE ANDERSON !! Fall 2015!! Language of The Future: The Line October 2-4, 2015 *nyc *Park Avenue Armory
We always want to alert you to news of Laurie Anderson because Laurie has always been uniquely avant-garde and continues to live at the cutting edge in insight and musical advancement.
Language of The Future: The Line October 2-4, 2015
“Anderson continues to imbue her work with a singular
perspective that is both haunting and timeless.”
—The New Yorker
Iconic storyteller Laurie Anderson examines the contrast between an event and the memory of that moment in her latest multimedia artwork, harnessing a cacophony of events from anthropology and history to form a series of songs in visual form. Commissioned by the Armory, Anderson creates a site-specific environment in which audiences confront these diametrically opposing ideas, situations, and images. The result is a processional of consciousness where doubt, perception, and illusion are defined and redefined in equal measure.
The avant-garde performance artist is one of America’s most renowned and daring creative pioneers who has challenged and delighted audiences around the world for more than three decades. As a writer, director, visual artist, and vocalist, she has created groundbreaking works that span the worlds of art, theater, and experimental music, addressing universal topics — war and nationality, space and time — with her characteristic wit, poignancy, and vernacular.
Artist: Laurie Anderson
Commissioned by Park Avenue Armory
Photo: Tatijana Shoan
Subscribe now and save up to 20%
October 2–4, 2015
Friday–Saturday: 7:00pm & 9:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm & 7:00pm
Single tickets go on sale May 11, 2015
(May 4 for Armory Members
& May 7 for Subscribers)
Other ways to buy:
Phone M-F 10am – 6pm (212) 933-5812
Be the first to know about ticket sales and Armory Events by joining our Mailing List.
2015 Season Sponsors:
February 22, 2015 - Posted by luckygirlmedia | ART, BUSINESS, CULTURE, ENTREPRENEURS, LIFESTYLES, opportunity, TECHNOLOGY, Uncategorized, We Recommend | #art, #authors, #entrepreneurs, #family, #laurie anderson, #LaurieAnderson, #performance, #storytelling, #technology, #theater, #women, art, Education, entertainment, experimental music, fashion, fun, Language of The Future: The Line, music, nationality, NYC, Park Avenue Armory, remarkable works, space, storyteller, technology, Time, transmedia, war
No comments yet.
This is What WE Do
This is the public consumer site containing some of the “best of” recommendations of LuckyGirl MEDIA.
LuckyGirl MEDIA is a business-to-business newsfeed that covers and syndicates stories on BUSINESS, ARTS, TECHNOLOGY and CULTURE, all from a women’s perspective. We cover the gamut from gamers to grandmothers, profiling executives, entrepreneurs, designers, professionals and artists. We provide reviews, spot trends and provide HOLIDAY and “BEST OF” guides.
LuckyGirl MEDIA provides services to local daily papers, alternative weeklies, monthly magazines, international and national papers and websites. Our client list is private.
blasts from our past
- Follow LuckyGirl MEDIA recommends on WordPress.com
- DANCE! This Weekend!Periapsis Open Series *Bklyn 4/28,29 &@30! ln.is/wordpress.com/… https://t.co/SwJ88MI19JHave YOU Seen...? 6 hours ago
- thewrap.com.ln.is/wjHWT via @TheWrapHave YOU Seen...? 13 hours ago
- RT @SemanticEarth: #Health on @Bosulif @dentlet @Ann_Nonymous_MD @luckygirlmedia @VMayherdmd via @SemanticEarth #recommended https://t.co/U…Have YOU Seen...? 14 hours ago
- RT @rabihalameddine: Good morning 6a https://t.co/4UUOAgPDvWHave YOU Seen...? 2 days ago
- RT @rabihalameddine: Good morning 6c https://t.co/8tDLFiK2ycHave YOU Seen...? 2 days ago
- RT @rabihalameddine: The only thing better than singing is more singing. --Ella Fitzgerald https://t.co/BTw7N6f4UqHave YOU Seen...? 2 days ago
- RT @rabihalameddine: @BabsSCL I worship her.Have YOU Seen...? 2 days ago
- RT @rabihalameddine: Pierre Bonnard - Nude with Lamp - 1900 https://t.co/1GEqBFq97wHave YOU Seen...? 2 days ago
- RT @rabihalameddine: Lyonel Feininger, Usine la nuit, 1952 https://t.co/ysJVwJE9QYHave YOU Seen...? 2 days ago
- RT @RVAwonk: Remember when the Republican party used to care about national security? What a shameful turn they've taken. #BurrMustRecuse h…Have YOU Seen...? 2 days ago
- RT @AndreaChalupa: Here we are again demanding a Republican leader step aside for a fair investigation of #RussiaGate. #BurrMustRecuse http…Have YOU Seen...? 2 days ago
- RT @RepSwalwell: These numbers reflect 1) we were attacked 2) we need to know if #TrumpRussia ties played a role 3) no one wants this to ha…Have YOU Seen...? 2 days ago
- RT @MomKnwsBstOnLn: #prnewswire Rachael Ray Nutrish Named Fastest Growing US Pet Food Brand by goo.gl/oDkdzdHave YOU Seen...? 2 days ago
- RT @MomKnwsBstOnLn: #Huffington Brie Larson: Friendship With Emma Stone, Jennifer Lawrence 'Saved My Life' goo.gl/j9y4BdHave YOU Seen...? 2 days ago
- RT @MomKnwsBstOnLn: #Huffington Nina Simone Said She Almost Killed A Man For Not Paying Her In Vintage Clip goo.gl/a6oElGHave YOU Seen...? 2 days ago
- RT @MomKnwsBstOnLn: #prnewswire International Halal Food Conference Discusses the Changing Paradigm in Halal goo.gl/dm1LNdHave YOU Seen...? 2 days ago
- RT @MomKnwsBstOnLn: #Reuters U.S. says raised deep concerns with Turkey over air strikes goo.gl/5OP7lwHave YOU Seen...? 2 days ago
- RT @MomKnwsBstOnLn: #Reuters Thousands protest against Serb government and flagship project goo.gl/VgJ9gfHave YOU Seen...? 2 days ago
- knightfoundation.org.ln.is/5N2MnHave YOU Seen...? 2 days ago
- @VantagePointGuy thanks for following. Via @FindUnfollower bit.ly/UnfollowedFreeHave YOU Seen...? 3 days ago
Site infoLuckyGirl MEDIA recommends
Blog at WordPress.com.